Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Everything has a purpose!

Everything has a purpose! 

'This Thanksgiving, I want to take the time to thank all my friends, family and mentors, who served a great purpose in bringing me to where I am.'

If I wasn't born, I wouldn't know how beautiful life could be
If I didn't see deaths, I wouldn't find a deeper meaning of life

If I wasn't a patient, I wouldn't know what pain would mean
If I wasn't a doctor, I wouldn't know how fulfilling , healing others could be

If I wasn't rushed, I wouldn't know how relaxing, sitting in the sun and having a drink could be.
If I was never idle, I wouldn't know how accomplishing , tough work could feel.

If I didn't make a mistake, I wouldn't know how to fix it
If I didn't do things right, I wouldn't know how gratifying it could be.

If I wasn't a child to my loving parents, I wouldn't know what pure fun means
If I wasn't a mother to my beloved daughter, I wouldn't know what pure love means

If I didn't have my beautiful sister, who held my hands and was always kind
I wouldn't be so calm and reassured that she would be my spine, if I ever break mine.

If I didn't have an adventurous spouse, I wouldn't have explored the adventures.
If it weren't for his dedicated efforts, I wouldn't have enjoyed the tea on the tree house with birds.

If I didn't fall in the muddy puddle, from that bike, with my childhood friend 
We wouldn't have so much to laugh about, everytime we chatted

If I didn't have a failure, I wouldn't know what would success mean
If I didn't get success, the power of optimism and diligence would have gone unseen

If I didn't have that friend, who gave me courage and made me feel empowered
I wouldn't know how great a deed of uplifting others could be

If I didn't have the kind mentors and guides, who backed and encouraged me,
I wouldn't have understood how fulfilling teaching others could be.

If I didn't have those lovely friends and helpful neighbors,
I wouldn't be able to feel at home in a foreign land.

If I didn't get the kindness from others,
 how would have I paid it forward ...

If I didn't have that colleague, whose ego kept him blinded from reality 
I wouldn't know how wise the phrase, 'picking your battles' and 'letting go' could be

If I didn't have those wonderful colleagues, who backed me up in tough times,
I wouldn't know how wonderful having true supporters could be

If the clouds weren't there,
How would we miss the sunshine

If the sun didn't shine too bright,
How would we miss the rains

If the rains werent there,
How would we see a rainbow

If the winters were not there,
How would we see the snow

And if it wasn't for this Thanksgiving,  how  would I find a right time

To thank everyone who helped me brighten up my life.

A big thanks to all my near and dear ones!

- Jaya Sonkar

Post script:

As a child , I was made to say this prayer that is quoted below , everyday. I understand it's depth now.

"Thank you God for world so sweet
Thank you God for food we eat
Thank you God for birds that sing
Thank you God for everything."

Amen!

©All rights reserved. Jaya Sonkar 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment