Sunday, December 13, 2015

A tribute to my parents!

Dear mom and dad,
How I want to express my gratitude
For the eternal treasure of fond memories
For endless love that you’ve showered on me
But I can’t thank enough.
As I am growing older,
Moving from one place to another,
Going through different phases of life
Stepping into different roles,
I realize what a paradise I had for my childhood.
How I cherished the selfless love,
The moral values you taught and I learned,
Value of truthfulness and honesty,
Loyalty and modesty,
Genuineness and integrity,
Acknowledgement and empathy
Oh!  I can’t thank enough
I remember the nights that you stayed awake
To put me to sleep and bake a cake
And make a pretty dress for my birthday
The nights when you took me to fair
Despite the heavy work day
The nights when you played hide and seek
And when I got tired, lulled me to sleep
The days when you taught me and prepared me for the world
Supported me at each step and pushed me forward
I remember the day
When you soiled your hands to find my pretty earring
And cleaned it and placed it on a rose
I felt so blessed!
Oh! I can’t love enough
Those loving eyes and patient ears
Those lessons you taught had wisdom of years
That soft touch and warm embrace
That solemn, kind and pleasant face
Oh! I can’t respect enough
You never counted the sacrifices you made
The gifts and values that you gave
You always made me feel so precious and deserving
Just silently gave, never expected anything
I haven’t seen anyone loved so much
I am so fortunate to feel your gentle touch
You have the qualities rare to find
The pious soul and beautiful mind
Oh! I can’t feel grateful enough
You spent your youth to nurture me
When I grew up, you set me free
But still stand as my backbone
You still are the tree that gives shade
Oh! I can’t cherish enough
My little secrets are now our special memories
That only lives with you and me
There is a special bond we share
Which grows each day, no matter I go anywhere.
Oh! I can’t feel sad enough
For being so far from you
I wish I could be near all the time
How I miss being in your arms
Away from evil and selfish harms
Away from the liars
And away from the fakers
Oh! I can’t miss enough
Dear mom and dad,
I will be a mother soon
And I’ll have my own little moon
My own little sunshine
My precious boon
I want to pass on the same sweetness
Bless me with the same strength and goodness
So I can raise a sweet new soul
With the same love or even more
So I can give her same trust and strength
That you gave me when I was young
So I can give her a good life ahead
And set my bird free, once she is fed
So I can help her spread her rays
And keep your incense alive always

Your loving daughter,
Dr. Jaya Sonkar
May 17, 2012

©All rights reserved. Jaya Sonkar 2012



No comments:

Post a Comment